You Can Have The Smile You've Always Wanted
At Glen Lake Family Dentistry our goal is to improve your smile. More and more people today are choosing teeth-whitening procedures to reverse the effects of aging and stains caused by food, drinks or tobacco use. Whitening procedures have effectively restored the clean, bright smiles of patients with stained, dull or discolored teeth.
Professional Whitening performed by our office is considered to be an effective and safe method, and often can last far longer than over-the-counter products.
Causes of Discoloration
- The darker tissue of your teeth, the dentin, can become exposed as the outer layer of enamel is worn away by the effects of aging, or caffeine and tobacco.
- Food particles are naturally attracted to a tooth’s enamel by a certain protein. Products like coffee and tea, wine, berries and soy sauce are notorious for staining teeth. Over time, teeth actually become more absorbent and vulnerable to staining from food and other substances.
- One type of stain — caused by traumatic injuries, medications like tetracycline, and fluorosis– actually begins inside the tooth: brushing and flossing don’t help. The other type of stain is caused by external factors like food and drink, which can be helped by brushing, flossing and rinsing.
“Dr. Olson and his team are simply the best. I would not even consider another dentist and staff. Thanks for my wonderful oral health!”
Teeth Whitening Treatments
You may have tried teeth whitening toothpastes, which can be somewhat effective at removing stains and making teeth brighter. However, many of these products contain abrasive substances that can actually wear away your tooth’s enamel.
What We Recommend For A Brighter, Whiter Smile: Opalescence
Opalescence PF take-home whitening gel offers professional results in a customized whitening treatment. Opalescence take-home whitening gel is delivered via custom-made trays, further tailoring the treatment to your smile.
- We begin by taking an impression of your teeth in order make a well-fitting tray
- We then create a model which enables us to customize your tray for your upper and lower teeth.
- The staff member then creates reservoir areas on the model so that the teeth-whitening gel covers the tooth well without spilling over to irritate gums.
- When the tray is ready, we will instruct you how to use the product with your custom trays
Opalescence Go is the professional alternative to over-the-counter whitening options. It’s a simple, fast, and great-tasting way to start a whitening treatment or simply touch-up your smile.
- With no impressions or custom trays necessary, Opalescence Go is ready to use right out of the package.
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride)
- You have the option of 10% (wear 30–60 minutes for 5 to 10 days), or 15% (wear 15–20 minutes for 5 to 10 days)
- Mint flavor